Arend Dieperink Museum

The town’s cultural history museum, named after Arend Dieperink, its founder and first director, contains many items of local interest, including letters by President Burgers, a bible once owned by the family of Andries Potgieter, an organ built in Canada in 1860 and previously used in the St. Alban’s Cathedral in Pretoria, an extensive collection of wagon builders’ tools. Outside the museum is an aloe garden with 4 000 specimens of more than 212 species.