Sibasa

Situated 72km north of Louis Trichardt, on the main road from Louis Trichardt to Punda Milia. Altitude 740m, Rainfall 1900mm: The village is named after a Venda chief, Tshivhase (Sibasa is a corrupted form). The burial ground of the Venda royal family is near by. In 1872 Carl Beuster of the Berlin Mission established a station here.

Lephalele (Ellisras)

Lephalele (Ellisras)

The name is a composite of the names of two owners of the farm Waterkloof, Patrick Ellis and Piet...

Vaalwater

Vaalwater

Meaning Greywater situated in the upper reaches of the Mokolo River and on the edge of the real...

Thabazimbi

Thabazimbi

The name means 'Mountain of iron', The most southwesterly town, lying at the foot of the...

Zebediela

Zebediela

The name is derived from that of a local Ndebele chief, nicknamed "Sibitiele". Mookopong...

Mookopong (Naboomspruit)

Mookopong (Naboomspruit)

It had its beginnings in 1886 when JKG van Zyl settled on the farm Vischgat ('fish hole'). Later...

Modimolle (Nylstroom)

Modimolle (Nylstroom)

The name original of the town was chosen by an early group of religious zealots who mistook the...

To Our Newsletter

To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

SAcoronavirus.co.za