Sibasa

Situated 72km north of Louis Trichardt, on the main road from Louis Trichardt to Punda Milia. Altitude 740m, Rainfall 1900mm: The village is named after a Venda chief, Tshivhase (Sibasa is a corrupted form). The burial ground of the Venda royal family is near by. In 1872 Carl Beuster of the Berlin Mission established a station here.

Giyani

Giyani

Giyani, in terms of the policy of apartheid during the 1970s and 1980s, was developed as the...

Haenertsburg

Haenertsburg

It is 58km east of Polokwane (Pietersburg). Altitude: 1400m above se-level. Rainfall of 864mm. The...

Duiwelskloof

Duiwelskloof

The railway siding round, which the village developed, was first called Modjadji. Later changed to...

Tzaneen

Tzaneen

Established in 1912 as the capital of this district. There are a number of explanations for the...

Thohoyandou

Thohoyandou

Thohoyandou, meaning 'the head of the elephant' was the capital of Venda and was developed around...

Buysdorp

Buysdorp

The site of a mission established for the descendants of Coenraad de Buys, a rebel vagabond,...

To Our Newsletter

To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

SAcoronavirus.co.za