R E Stevenson Museum

The R E  Stevenson Museum was established in 1974, and is devoted to the history of the town and the Battle of Colenso, which took place on 15 December 1899.   Exhibits include weapons,  badges, medals, and various personal items as well as historical  photographs. The museum is housed in the Old Tollhouse, adjacent to the historic Bulwer Bridge. It has a steam tractor from the turn of the century as well as two locomotives, which were used by Eskom.