Cuthberts

The firm of WM Cuthbert & Co, shoe merchants, was established in 1882. Their Johannesburg building was designed by architects Stucke & Bannister and was completed in 1904. It rapidly became a major landmark in the mining town and retains many of its Victorian details. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 27 June 1986.

Stock Exchanges

Stock Exchanges

The discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand in 1886 led to many mining and financial companies...

National Bank Building

National Bank Building

The National Bank Building also known as the Corner House is situated on the corner of Market and...

Rand Club – JHB

Rand Club – JHB

To visualize the conditions under which Rand Club was founded, one must picture the community in...

Commissioner Street

Commissioner Street

Commissioner Street is a major one-way street in the Central Business District of Johannesburg,...

To Our Newsletter

To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

SAcoronavirus.co.za